TO REQUEST A BOOK:
Prison Library Project
915-C W. Foothill Blvd, PMB 128
Claremont, CA 91711
- Print your FULL NAME, ID NUMBER, ADDRESS, and DATE YOUR LETTER. Include this on the envelope and in the letter with your request. PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
- Let us know if your facility has specific restrictions or requirements for receiving books (examples: paperback books only, maximum number allowed, used books, etc.)
- You may only make two requests for books per year. When requesting, please tell us when you last received books from us.
- Our books are sent via the U.S. Postal Service using the media mail rate.
- We do not provide legal resources. We cannot fill requests for true crime or books containing graphic sex or violence.
- It may take 3–4 months or longer for us to fill a request. We appreciate your patience. If you have not received a book after 6 months, please write to us again.
- Please share your experiences and insights about the books you receive. We’d love to hear about how reading and education impact your life while you are incarcerated. These insights and encouragements really help motivate our volunteers and help us share our mission with potential donors.
- Please share our program with friends and family and encourage them to support the Prison Library Project.
- Please note that books on business, computers, westerns, large print books, trade skills, dictionaries and Spanish language books are not donated as frequently. It is good to send us alternative topics. We try to make the best match possible with limited selection.
NOTE: If you are soon to be moved to another facility, wait until the move is completed to request books. We have to pay return postage if your package is sent back, since the prison will not forward the package to you.
- We do not send books to county jails.
- We do not send books to Hawaii, Michigan or Maine
- Prison restrictions governing book packages change from time to time. At present we are unable to send books to: Angie, LA; Nashville, NC; Parchman, MS; Raleigh, NC; Salt Lake City, UT; Shirley, MA; Taylorsville, NC; Walla Walla, WA; West Liberty, KY.