Claremont Bookstore, Gallery & More
A Bookstore with a Mission
The Claremont Forum Bookshop & Gallery collects gently used books and sells them to raise money for the Prison Library Project. We send hundreds of books every week (over 16,000 a year) to inmates across the country. Since moving to the Packing House in 2006, The Claremont Forum Bookshop & Gallery has been an eclectic Claremont bookstore that is fun, well-stocked, and lovingly maintained. Whether you’re a student, a collector searching for a unique vintage find or a rabid bibliophile, you’ll find something great to read at a low price! Books start at just $1! Thousands of titles for just $3 and $5. We also have quarterly $1 book sales storewide – keep an eye out for our next sale on our Events page.
Bookshop & Gallery Hours
Sunday – Thursday • 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Friday – Saturday • 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
We Need Used Books
Drop off used books in good condition any time we’re open.
Our project depends on donated books to survive. We always need quality used books and as a 501(c)(3) your donation is tax deductible. We will gladly accept donations of new or used books from individuals, publishers, and booksellers.
What We Need:
- paperback fiction and nonfiction books in good condition
- recent bestsellers
- urban fiction
- puzzle books, journals (without writing)
We Do Not Accept:
- multiple copies of the same book should be limited to 10. Talk to our bookshop manager if you have a larger donation of the same title.
- books that are damp or moldy
- general encyclopedias (World Book, Britannica, etc.)
- VHS tapes
- cassette tapes, books on cassette
- computer software, computer games
- books that are loose: please make sure any donation you bring in is in a cardboard box or bag.
You may drop off your donations during business hours:
Sunday through Thursday: 12:00-7:00 PM
Friday and Saturday: 12:00-9:00 PM