Claremont Bookstore, Gallery & More
A BOOKSTORE WITH A MISSION
The Claremont Forum Bookshop & Gallery collects gently used books and sells them to raise money for the Prison Library Project. We send hundreds of books every week (about 15,000 a year) to inmates across the country.
Since moving to the Packing House in 2006, The Claremont Forum Bookshop & Gallery has been an eclectic Claremont bookstore that is fun, well-stocked, and lovingly maintained. Whether you’re a student, a collector searching for a unique vintage find or a rabid bibliophile, you’ll find something great to read at a low price! Books start at just $1! Thousands of titles for just $3 and $5.
We also have quarterly $1 book sales store wide – keep an eye out for our next sale on our Events page.
Bookshop & Gallery Hours
Sunday – Thursday • 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Friday – Saturday • 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
WE NEED USED BOOKS
Drop off used books in good condition any time we’re open.
Our project depends on donated books to survive. We always need quality used books and as a 501(c)(3) your donation is tax deductible. We will gladly accept donations of new or used books from individuals, publishers and booksellers.
What We Need:
- fiction and nonfiction books in good condition
- children’s books
- books on CD, DVDs
- puzzle books, journals (without writing)
- current calendars
- sheet music books
We Do Not Accept:
- poetry or literary journals
- multiple copies of the same book should be limited to 10. Talk to our bookshop manager if you have a larger donation of the same title.
- books that are damp or moldy
- general encyclopedias (World Book, Britannica, etc.)
- travel guides older than three years
- textbooks older than three years
- cookbooks older than five years
- VHS tapes
- cassette tapes, books on cassette
- computer software, computer games
- books that are loose: please make sure any donation you bring in is in a cardboard box or bag.
You may drop off your donations during business hours:
Sunday through Thursday: 12:00-7:00 PM
Friday and Saturday: 12:00-9:00 PM
Our volunteers are often in the bookshop on Mondays, so feel free to call or stop by. Our PLP volunteers are more than happy to help you any time the bookstore is open.